The Firm’s transactional attorneys guide the Firm’s clients through all stages of the lifecycle of a business—from start-up and structuring the entity; to raising capital; to preparing and negotiating the contracts necessary for the entity’s business; through to an exit strategy, which often involves the sale of the business.
Some of the services provided include the following:
- Formation and Maintenance: corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships.
- Capital-Raising Transactions: private placements, angel funding, and venture capital.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: stock sales, asset sales, mergers and other reorganization transactions.
- Contract Preparation, Review and Negotiation: distributorship agreements, employment agreements (including incentive provisions), license agreements, shareholders’ agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements, leases, loan agreements; security agreements; and vendor agreements.
- Internet and Cyberspace Law: software license agreements, software development agreements, and hosting agreements.
- “Business Divorces”: Partner and member dissociations, shareholder disputes, and other disputes between or among business owners.
- Day-to-Day Counseling: including corporate governance and unfair competition, all with a view to avoiding or minimizing disputes or other problems.
The cornerstones of the Firm’s transactional practice are:
- Focusing on client needs and goals
- High-quality representation
- Business-oriented approach